Christian Children’s Fund
Eastside sponsors 3 children from Africa.
Eastside is committed to helping through the Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (part of the ChildFund Alliance). This organization, founded in 1938, has been bringing hope to the less fortunate of our world in a variety of ways. Visit their website if you would like to learn more about this wonderful organization and how you can sponsor a child.
We are honoured to be able to sponsor three children in Africa. They are from Burkina Faso, West Africa, which owner Glenn Colling was able to visit in November 2007. Their names are Annata Bary, Samson Combari, and Nindia Miche Ouoba. Some of their images and thoughts are included here.
“I received your parcel and I lack words to express my joy. My parents and I are grateful to you for loving us.” – Annata Bary
“My parents and I are very happy to address you this letter…We pray to God to protect you.” – Nindia Miche Ouoba
About Burkina Faso:
- Slightly larger than the state of Colorado
- Population: 14 million (as of 2006)
- Average Life Expectancy: Males 47.33 years;
Females 50.42 years
- Percentage of people using improved drinking
water sources: 29%
- Percentage of children under 5 who are
moderately to severely underweight: 34%
- Gross national income: $210.00 US dollars per year